Wednesday, August 19, 2009

assignment 3, five verses on family-rachel

Genesis 18:19 "For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him."

This verse is about the father instructing his children. I follow this verse by not being a stumbling block to my father by not receiving his instructions.

Deuteronomy 4:10 Remember the day you stood before the LORD your God at Horeb, when he said to me, "Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children."

When I, eventually, have a family I will bring them up in the ways of the LORD like my parents before me.

Psalms 133:1 "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!

I strive to live in peace and tranquility with my siblings. It is hard, but that is what I, my parents, and more importantly my God, desire for me to do.

Acts 10:2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.

I follow my father's example in faithfulness to the LORD Most High.

Ephesians 5:4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect

To be a good leader for Christ I must obey my father. What kind to example would I be setting to my fellow students if I did not even do the mundane tasks that are laid out for me with a good attitude? What kind of example would HE be setting for the other leaders of our church and those he came into contact with if his own daughter did not obey, respect and honor him and his wife? I will not be the cause of somebody not excepting salvation be cause the person he was being a witness to did not respect him enough to listen to what he had to say because his daughter would not honor him properly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of these verses describe the family and how they will work right if the family obeys the proper authority and honors them. the children and wife summit to the man of the house, whether it be husband, father, or firstborn son in the case of death of the father.
It is only when the correct family authority is obeyed that the rest of the church congregation will respect the family has a whole.
Family is also God's great gift to us. As girls, it is our dream to have a husband and children. As children of our parents, we all have the responsibility to honor them for as long as we live even if they are not always right. The family takes care of each other when the going get tough. Death, sickness, and financial and emotional problems are just some of the things that family was designed to help comfort through.

No comments:

Post a Comment