Thursday, October 15, 2009

Philippians 3:12-14

3:12 Not that I have already ēdē now, already
obtained lambanō to take
it or ē either, or, than
have already ēdē now, already
become perfect, teleioō to make perfect, complete
but I press diōkō to make to run or flee, put to flight, drive away
on so kai and, also, even, indeed, but
that I may lay katalambanō to lay hold of
hold katalambanō to lay hold of
of that for which ὅς hos who, which, what, that
also kai and, also, even, indeed, but
I was laid katalambanō to lay hold of
hold katalambanō to lay hold of
of by Christ Christos Christ = "anointed"
Jesus. Iēsous Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"

3:13 Brethren, adelphos brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother
I do not regard logizomai to reckon, count, compute, calculate, count over
myself emautou I, me, myself etc.
as having laid katalambanō to lay hold of
hold katalambanō to lay hold of
of it yet; oupō not yet
but one heis one
thing heis one
I do: forgetting epilanthanomai to forget
what lies behind opisō back, behind, after, afterwards
and reaching epekteinomai to forget
forward epekteinomai to forget
to what lies ahead, emprosthen in front, before


3:14
I press diōkō to make to run or flee, put to flight, drive away
on toward eis into, unto, to, towards, for, among
the goal skopos an observer, a watchman
for the prize brabeion the award to the victor in the games, a prize
of the upward anō the award to the victor in the games, a prize
call klēsis a calling, calling to
of God theos God
in Christ Christos Christ = "anointed"
Jesus. Iēsous Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"

No comments:

Post a Comment